Functional Testing and Verification of Bridge Hydraulics
A hydraulic bascule bridge is a safety-critical application and must be subjected to a functional test before it is put into operation.
- Hydraulic lift bridges must open and close reliably under a wide range of environmental conditions.
- An emergency stop must be possible at any time.
- All parts of the design - steel structures, hydraulics, controls, etc. - must be checked for function, durability and safety.
Verification of safe operation of hydraulic lifting bridges with consideration of different load cases.
- Modelling of the hydraulic actuators according to the circuit diagram
- Modelling of the mechanics of the bridge flap
- Modelling of the different types of load (wind, snow, etc.)
- Actuation according to desired motion profiles
- Simulation of the load cases for different lifting cycles
- Checking the bridge's operating limits
- Checking for hydraulic vibrations
Detailed questions regarding the above-mentioned projects or possible solutions to specific problems will be answered directly by our engineering team.